Sunday, April 22, 2012

Canoe Carrying Trailer

So I have this old trailer that was given to me or donated for production use. I'm going to turn it into a Canoe Carrier that holds 8 Canoes for the IWG film. Also I can reuse it for future productions.

The first thing I'm going to do is pressure wash it and inspect it's structure to make sure it's sound. Then I will repair anything that needs repairing. I will look over the wiring and lights. Then I will line the bottom with 5/8 plywood and build a 2x4 tree to hold all the Canoes.

 I will also build a plywood lid that opens from each side so I can store all the paddles and life jackets. It will be like a ready to go Canoeing tool box on wheels. I will post more pics and info as I build it over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment