Saturday, February 5, 2011

How I Get Repaid for all my hard work ! : (

In late October I told the parents of  a film production of mine that I could not afford a big screening of "the film" so that parents decided that they would hold a screening of their own. They asked my permission to screen "the film" offering to give the money raised (after expenses for the screening of coarse ) to me to help pay the bank back for the money borrowed to make "the Film. I agreed because I have to the bank back. So the extra money was promised to me.

On the week of the screening, around Dec 2010, I was raced to the hospital in extreme pain and had emergency surgery to remove an internal infection. There was a puss pocket 6" in diameter and 1/2 thick were my leg, meets my torso. I was told they would put me under for the surgery, which the surgeon decide that local freezing and some kind of pain killer in a drip iv "3 to 5 mins drip" was the only thing needed.

Well the very second the iv drip was hooked and to the protest of the nurse who was working the painkiller drip, the surgeon cut into me. What an unbelievable amount of pain! I'll spare you all the details but basically he cut into the area, removed what ever caused the infection, push all the puss out, packed a cotton string of some kind inside to act like a wick so the wound would weep out any and all remaining infection.

So after the surgery was done and the pain relievers just kicked in, I was given a prescription for an inflammatory, pain relief and anty biotic, then pushed out the door in a wheel chair and sent home.

So I was to come back in two or three days and he would remove the wick. So on the day of the screening I was back in the hospital, the surgeon removed the bandage, tool a look and said it looks good. He then took a pair of surgical pliers and in one swift motion he pulled all 48" of wick out. I had no idea that the wick that was packed in there was about 48" long.

Anyways, I was lying in bed, still in pain, upset that there was no way for me to help the parents with the screening of my film, while the parents of the actors I spent so much time and money helping, were giving the extra money raised from the screening to the local food bank.

So the next day I find out that they gave to money to the food bank and not me to repay the bank. I mean what the F***!. You got to be kidding me! This is so unreal! What gives them the right to give the banks money to the frig in food bank! What evil! What a breach of trust! What ever processed them?

So I sent an email stating my disbelief, I got a reply of, well it wasn't much money, it's not like it was thousands of dollars, it was only $289.  Not replying because I had a few choice words for that.

Later on I sent a second email to another parent and got, well some of the parents decided that the money should go to the food bank and I didn't want to start an argument, well it wasn't much money, it's not like it was thousands of dollars, it was only $289. I didn't think it was that much money so I pitched in a few to make it an even $300.

So right now I'm paying 300% interest ( min credit card payment $300 of a $400 payment is interest) on the money that was borrowed for the film. So that $300 could have saved me $900 in interest.

So what do I do? Do I try and have them charged with theft? Do I sue them for breach of trust? What?

One thing I can do is terminating all contact and future work with the parties involved. So those actors are no longer welcome at Sterling Productions because their parents screwed them.

One parent did make a $210. Donation because she felt it was the right thing to do so I'm still working with them. But the others, no way! I mean common man! What a stab in the back.

I could realy use some help form out there. Sales, subscribers, veiws, comments here and on YouTube. I don't under stand why I can't not be sucessful at anything. With all the work I have put in over 25 years, How is that possible?

2 comments:

  1. I fully understand both situations: been there, had that done to me.
    When I went to the doctor a year ago, they gave me a shot to NUMB my elbow where the infection was. When he came back, it was numb all right, felt weird!! BUT, apparently he had to dig so deep that the painkiller didn't help much after a couple minutes. I swear I have NEVER felt that much pain in my entire life - and trust me, after 25 major surgeries, several ER visits, and a very high threshold for pain, I KNOW what excruciating, agonizing PAIN is, and THIS made all those feel like a picnic! I swear I was mere SECONDS from PASSING OUT from the "PAIN"! 1st time EVER 4 pain to be so bad that I would pass out from it! So, yeah, I understand that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the screening/payments/parents situation:
    well, i'm not a lawyer, and I don't play one on TV, and the internet is rarely correct on searching for accurate answers, so I don't have a clue what I would do, other than what you've already done. (Except in my old age now, I never hold back anymore, I let everyone know EXACTLY what's on my mind! No one spares my feelings, why should I spare theirs!? And between previously having a temper & my everyday ADHD, I KNOW how to think through every outcome to anything I say before I say it, so I only say what I mean, not "in the heat of the moment then apologize when I calm down" (& I never say anything ABOUT someone that I haven't already or wouldn't say to their face). But enuff about me.
    What i've learned, no matter WHO it is or how trustworthy they are, ANY time MONEY is involved, GET the agreement (signed) IN WRITING.. IN FRONT OF unbiased WITNESSES! THAT way if the deal goes sour, you have SOME legal recourse. Otherwise, if no written statement, and no personal 1st hand witnesses are willing to testify against them, I don't think there's anything else that can be done except learn form it. (That is if Canadian law is ANYTHING like American law, millionaires & celebrity's notwithstanding)
    That situation SUCKS, stinks, & pisses me off.
    It amazes me how many people will TAKE what they can to get what they want and give absolutely NOTHING (not even a THOUGHT) in return.
    .
    Well, I hope things work out for ya. They usually do, maybe not in the way we'd like, but, ultimately, we may find a way to make our dreams come true. We work hard enough, now all we need is a little LUCK, too, it seems.
    Take care, chin up & focus on any positives, no matter how few, in your life (I know that's what I have to do & what keeps me going,, barely).

    ReplyDelete