Thursday, November 25, 2010

You May Ask

You may ask yourself, how did he do those car-driving shots. Why are they so steady and professional looking or maybe not? Well I made a door mount for my camera. It was really built for a much bigger camera than this but I only have a PD170 at this point that works. The Batecam SP croaked on the first day of filming Emmett way back when.

It looks a little beat up there but you need to remember it has a lot of miles on it and has been used in many low budget film productions.

This photo is when we were filming Echo Beach is September 2007. That’s Edwin Mason in the driver’s seat there and Caitlin Alexander in the passenger seat. We were shooting the remaining scenes after we had wrap most of the filming.
The car is a 1974 Dodge Dart that took me 15 years to restore in my spear time. Spear Time? Well I know I was building the car to use in Echo Beach so I guess I was really just building a film prop.

No comments:

Post a Comment